Monday, December 9

Product Review: Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer

Hope you are all having a lovely day! I am a Chicagoan and here in the city, winter is typically cold, windy and dry. To counter the dryness, I typically use my Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Protective Emulsion with SPF 15 daily. Unfortunately, I ran out of my Shiseido White Lucent Moisturizer several weeks past. Typical me, when I went to order a new one...I sent it to my parent's address by accident. Although I was planning on heading home for Thanksgiving, I knew my skin would have dried up like a prune if I attempted to go without moisturizer for two weeks.

Therefore, I decided to pay a visit to my local Walgreens to pick up a moisturizer that would hold me over until I could pick up my Shiseido emulsion. After browsing the shelves for a bit, I decided to give the Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer with SPF 30 a try as I have used their cleanser since high school (years ago) and have had positive results.


I am happy to say that my skin has not reacted negatively to the moisturizer after using it for the past month. While I do still love and use my Shiseido emulsion, I now switch it out with my Cetaphil moisturizer every other day as a means to keep my acne-prone skin at bay. The pump is also a plus. The only thing that I do not like about the product is that it does not control oil very well, but I am content that it moisturizes without causing breakouts. If you have sensitive, combo-oily, acne-prone skin like me, I would definitely recommend you give this product a try! 

Do you have a moisturizer you cannot live without? Comment below with your thoughts or questions!

 Joy 

Note: Products were purchased with my own money and the reviews are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment